Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Hello, readers.

Yesterday, I went to a friend's house and played Dungeons and Dragons. Had never played before. We sat in the attic, around a low-table. On either side of us, seemingly placed at random in the attic walls, were two door-shaped things, one small and the other very small. I kept expecting something to emerge from them, but, alas, nothing did. It was the only real disappointment of the evening. Otherwise, it was everything I had imagined Dungeons and Dragons to be, which is to say a group of people sitting around and carving out small stories within a larger story that they don't exactly have control over. Very much like life, really, except that in D&D, I imagine a pair of door-shaped things, one small and the other very small, would open onto a pair of things, horribly wonderful and wonderfully horrible. A marmoset and a velociraptor, for example.

Anyhow, here's a picture of my character, a gnome bard, as he mocks a monster with his dancing.


That's exactly how it happened, too.

In other dancing news, here's the second in my continuing series of videos featuring people in Seoul doing stuff.



And here's another for awesomeness sakes.



And here's the clip what inspired the name of this post. Or, it would be here if I could find a clip of Craig Kilborn's last appearance on The Daily Show wherein he implored all of us to do only one thing, "Dance! Dance! Dance!" Has the interweb failed? I'm scared.

And so it' s time for me to go. Imagine I'm dancing away. It's easier than me actually doing it.


ttfn.

1 comment:

  1. Well thanks for seeing through my marmoset velociraptor plans...

    ReplyDelete